All the wines made under the Maison Louis Jadot label are Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée wines from across the region. Maison Louis Jadot controls today 240 hectares scattered across Burgundy, from the Côte d'Or to the Mâconna
Louis Henry Denis Jadot founded Maison Louis Jadot in 1859. But even before then, the story of Maison Jadot had its roots in the vineyards, with the Jadot family's purchase of the Clos des Ursules, a Beaune Premier Cru, in 1826. The négociant house, under the guidance of Louis Henry Denis Jadot, expanded rapidly, with a focus on the markets of northern Europe, an area he knew well as his family came from Belgium. His son, Louis Jean Baptiste, took over the management of the company in 1900, and expanded operations by buying numerous vineyards, including Corton Charlemagne and Chevalier Montrachet Les Demoiselles. The next generation, under the guidance of Louis Auguste Jadot, developed new export markets, particularly those in England and the US, with the help of Rudy Kopf, the founder of the Kobrand Corporation. In 1954, André Gagey joined the company as Louis Auguste Jadot's deputy. On the latter's premature death in 1962, André Gagey succeeded him as Maison Jadot's director. And, in 1984, André Gagey's son, Pierre-Henry, joined the company. In 1985, in order to ensure the company's future, Madame Jadot decided to sell the company to the family of Rudy Kopf, Jadot's US importer. Pierre-Henry Gagey became president of Maison Louis Jadot in 1992.