The Squarano Estate is located in the heart of the most classic Valpolicella, on a hill surrounded by cypress trees. Here the Marchesi Fumanelli began producing grapes and fine wines from 1470 on the remains of ancient Roman plants. There are numerous inscriptions and archaeological artifacts in the villa, including the remains of a temple dedicated to the goddess Flora in the park. Hence probably the name of San Floriano given to the Pieve Millenaria and the village. It is likely that the villa of King Berengario in the 10th century was also on top of the hill of Squarano. Since 1998, the ancient cellars, after careful restoration, have returned to the oak barrels for the aging of the classic Valpolicella wines.